Thursday, July 10, 2008

How does ANYONE afford adoption?

As I read others' blogs and contemplate the sheer volume of paperwork, I wonder how people afford their adoptions. I read one site tonight on which the folks had 5 biological children and adopted 12 more kids.
This, of course, made me cry and put that pesky lump in my throat. Any suggestions on raising money for adoption? Anyone? Bueller?

If I could figure out how to work that PayPal thing, I would put one on this site! We would love to adopt twins or siblings but are honestly just trying to scrape together enough money to adopt one beautiful little Russian girl! I know that if this is God's will, and I believe that it is, that He will provide the money for us to do this, somehow!

2 comments:

adoptedthree said...

It is amazing how you can find the money to adopt. We have adopted three times, which astounds me because somehow we always made it happen. We are working on a possible fourth adoption. Somehow the money will happen. It is God's plan afterall!

cara said...

We save every penny we can. We only eat out once a week-usually fast food or something under 15 dollars, we shut off our cable, and phone and have just cells-actually my sister added us to her cell phone plan so we pay her $20 a month. I work part-time now but before our first adoption I worked full time and we took on extra jobs-teaching piano cleaning huntin lodge, babysitting. I still do the extras with my part-time job. We drive older cars, wear our clothes till they fall apart, our son gets handme downs--actually so do I. We still have nice life-we do cheaper things walks, biking, picnics, nature things. Hopefully we are teaching our son good values this way and saving to adopt his brothers soon. Cara www.norbycjukraineangel.blogspot.com
ps I sold a lot of our things we didn't need and others at a rummage or on ebay.