Another reason for starting this blog is to find other people who are adopting from Russia or Eastern Europe...we personally know no one who is adopting right now in our area. In the school where I worked, there were four families' adoptions I was aware of: two boys from the Ukraine, one boy from Russia, two girls from China, and one adoption in progress from China (secondary infertility on the mom's part---everyone else had primary infertility, like us.)
Today I am off to see my parents in Pennsylvania...I hate being so far way, and am trying to talk them into moving much closer to us as soon as my dad retires. My mom keeps trying to talk us into moving there, but Jason and I are not the biggest fans of winter (I love seeing snow on TV and movies, and looking out the window to observe how beautiful it is, but not touching it, or having it touch me, in real life!) I am thankful for the chance to spend a week with my mom and dad, and hope I get to see my nephews--we haven't seen them since Christmas!
Honestly we would like to move someplace where the cost of living is much lower...the Eastern Shore is ridiculous; I guess partly because of its proximity to D.C. , and there are wealthy people all over the Shore...we are not in that group, let me tell you. Jason and I dream of lower utility bills (our electric bill for June was almost $300, and I keep the A/C on 77 or 78 during the day!) and a cheaper mortgage...our house is on the market, but no one has called about it, looked at it, etc. since the market is flooded with foreclosures, and our house is a grand old lady at about 100 years of age. If God wants our house to sell, and He wants us to go somewhere else, He will make it happen. Does anyone else find it hard to wait on God's timing? I understand that he knows what's best for us and will accomplish it in His time, but I guess I am impatient.
Friday, July 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I can't remember exactly how I did the donation button, but I know I searched the internet for "adding a donation button to blog" someone had it posted. You have to go into the actual programing part of your blog. If you e-mail me directly I will copy my script and send it to you. Cara
norbycjukraineangel.blogspot.com
norbycj@yahoo.com
OK I found it, sorry it took so long, it was at the bottom of my desk
1. log into your paypal acct
2. click Merchant services
3. click donations
4. complete the form (click More Resources for additional information).
5. To add additional details, click Add More Options then complete the fields.
6. Click create button now
7. copy and past the HTML code into a text file (I just put it on word), then save it for use with your website.
8. Click done or create another button.
Then you need to go your blogger account under the template page.
It is tricky to find where to paste the stuff you copied to word.I just put mine under begin sidebar, then previewed it (don't save until it looks like you want it too. If it looks good save it, it is doesn't click clear edits and try again. It was very confusing, but e-mail me if you need help. Cara norbycj@hotmail.com
www.norbycjukraineangel.blogspot.com
P.S.An easy way to earn money towards your adoption is a tastefully simple catalog party--I am doing one right now-I have earned almost $300- without doing anything.
Post a Comment